The other day Becky tagged me to answer an eclectic set of questions and now is the first chance I’ve had to answer them. I have to say, it was kinda fun!
- Post the rules.
- In the same post, answer the questions.
- Create eleven new questions to ask eleven new participants.
- Tag those people and share links to their blogs in your post.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them.
Would you ever try using a Ouiji board?
Ooooh, I’m not sure. I’m kind of interested but I’m a bit of a coward, well more than a bit actually, so probably wouldn’t risk it.
Kindle or physical book?
Physical book. Nothing compares to the weight or the smell of a proper book. There’s just something about a Kindle I don’t trust. Although saying that, I would publish an eBook if it meant I had published work to my name (double standards I know!)
Do you find it easy to forgive and forget?
I’m going to be completely honest and say no. If there’s one thing I learnt from my nan it’s how to hold a grudge. I don’t like holding a grudge but I find it really difficult to let go of things and it makes it harder to trust people again. But hey, in about five years time I probably would have forgotten all about it!
Writing or reading?
Very, very difficult. I love them both. But I think I’ll go with writing. It’s a brilliant form of escapism and a lot of fun…..but then again so is reading…..hmmmm.
If you had the chance to spend a whole hour with a celebrity, who would you choose?
Absolutely no contest. J.K. Rowling. I know she shouldn’t really be a celebrity because she’s an author and authors don’t tend to be as famous as she has become, but wouldn’t she be such an interesting person to hang out with for a day? She has a whole world crammed into her head and it’d be cool to pick her brain about it. But then other stuff as well, like The Casual Vacancy and just her life in general. How has she managed to become one of the most famous women in the world and still keep her life private? Now that’ a juggling act you have to admire. Plus it’d also be nice to finally be able to thank her for everything she has given.
Least favorite genre of book?
Does non-fiction count? I find biographies and auto-biographies really dull, however I have been known to read whole encyclopedias when I was younger and they were quite interesting.
Disney or Pixar?
Pixar, simply because Finding Nemo was so damn awesome!
Your favorite quote?
I have quite a few I like, but at the moment two pop to mind. One is from Nick Hewer, the really cool old guy on The Apprentice; ‘They took logic and tortured it until it screamed.’
The other one is, of course, from J.K. Rowling; ‘No story lives unless someone wants to listen.’ I believe I’ve put in my blog somewhere and I’m thinking of putting it on my bed room wall too.
Favorite mythical creature? (can range from vampires to Dragons etc)
Vampires! Although I wouldn’t want them to be real because I don’t fancy getting turned into one, or being blinded if I were to bump into one during the day *grumbles* Stephenie Meyer *grumbles* I quite like elves too, like the ones from Eragon and Lord of the Rings.
Which stereotype do/did you fall under in school? (e.g. The Jock, the cheerleader, goth, geek etc)
Total geek. I won’t deny it. Geek and proud.
What colour is your bedroom?
I don’t know, I can’t see under all the Harry Potter/Game of Thrones/music/Nightmare Before Christmas posters (mainly Harry Potter though).
- If you were to choose your desert island books (instead of desert island discs) which three would you choose?
- What sort of music can’t you stand?
- Which character, from film, TV or book, do you most wish was real?
- Which Deathly Hallow would you choose; the Elder Wand (power), the Resurrection Stone (summon spirits of the dead) or the Invisibility Cloak (become completely invisible)?
- Who has inspired you?
- Would you rather win the lottery or earn riches yourself?
- Cat or dog?
- Which do you prefer Galaxy or Dairy Milk?
- What would you like to do that you haven’t done yet?
- Your favourite subject when you were at school?
- Which period of history would you want to visit?
I don’t know who to tag, so anyone who reads this feel free to answer the questions if you want!